Tuesday, March 10, 2015

It's official, I'm now part of MICappella!!

It's official,
i'm now part of Singapore's one and only vocal band, MICappella!




The group won a reality singing competition for acappella groups called the "The Sing-Off" in China and has since been making waves, touring around different China city states.
I've always been a friend of MICappella and i literally saw them grow from a leisure group,
to the mega sensation they are today!!
I've even supported them for many shows they've done in Singapore and have always been wildly entertained by their infectious energy during live performances, as well as crazy music arrangements!!

Of course, back then i never ever thought i would be part of them one day,
part of something bigger than myself.
The opportunity came late 2014 and it took me sometime to decide before taking this step.
It was a big step for me as i've always been a solo singer and all of a sudden,
a new path has been charted out, leading my career plans to a different turn.

I embraced it eventually,
and what came after was a series of crazy learning.
Our music is made up of pure vocals (no instruments),
so i had to learn vocal parts, singing and mimicking of instruments, choreography,
then came memorizing and plenty of rehearsing with the band.

Surprise welcome lunch at Eugene's crib!
So i went to Eugene's house thinking we were having practice, 
turned out they were all hatching a plan to surprise me and MingWei in joining MICappella!

Eugene's the baritone of the group and he's also a culinary expert (he used to be a chef).
You can imagine the feast we had, the Menu of the day - 
Pan Seared Scallop with Crab Bisque Sauce 
Lamb Rack with Bordelaise Sauce 
Egg roe, Sea urchin, Tuna belly & Egg Yolk on a spoon
Foie gras with balsamic and red-wine reduction & champagne grapes 


When the day arrived for my first performance,
i had to look completely calm and energetic all at the same time.
It was a crazy crazy 2 months but i loved it!

Debut live performance at ITE Simei! 


Debut Youtube Cover 
We woke up in the wee hours of morning (5am to be exact) 
for a sunrise youtube cover at Changi Beach! 





Check out our cover of Style by Taylor Swift :) 


I loved the challenge and i'm loving what's to come ahead more!!!
I've been performing on big stages with big names like David Tao on his world tour,
i cannot believe i'm finally going on tour as an artiste myself, with my band!

European domination begins Jan-Feb 2015,
and China tour in May 2015!!


No comments:

Post a Comment